10/02/2009

Pac-10 Football: 10/3 Games

It's an interesting week in the Pac-10. Two programs - Oregon State and Cal - that were supposed to be right there at end of the season are facing must-wins already to avoid starting the league season 0-2. If that happened, and Stanford wins, they'd already be 2.5 games behind the Cardinal, which is mindboggling to say the least.

Time - Game - Channel

12:30 - UCLA @ Stanford - ABC
12:30 - Washington @ Notre Dame - NBC
4 - Oregon State @ Arizona State - Versus
5 - #7 USC @ #24 California - ABC
6:15 - Washington State @ #16 Oregon - Comcast Sports

5 - #5 Boise State @ UC Davis - ESPN360.com

Can we please get Boise State out of the WAC and into a real conference? UC Davis? You have to be kidding me... They are going to go undefeated this year, with the win over Oregon as their flagship moment, and ride it into a BCS game. Where they will get stomped.

I'll be watching: In truth the two early games don't interest me a ton, but any time I can see Notre Dame lose I like that. Saturday mornings are for hiking and errands, but at the worst we'll be home by 4 to catch the Oregon State kickoff. Then after that is over we'll probably watch the end of the SC-Cal tilt, then do the same thing for the Oregon game - though at that point I would suspect they'll be up by four touchdowns. Man Wazzu is bad...still not as bad as last year, but pretty dang bad.

Predictions: Stanford has been solid so far this year, and playing at home against UCLA I'll take the Cardinal...Can Washington go to Notre Dame and put another nail in Charlie Weiss' coffin? Call me a homer, but I say yes...Can Oregon State rebound from two tough losses? I'm not impressed by the Sun Devils, so what the hell - taking the Beavers...Home field will determine the matchup of the week with SC and Cal, so I'm taking Cal and SC will drop in the rankings again...Do I really have to formally pick Oregon?...Boise State wins by five touchdowns - at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment