10/16/2009

Pac-10 Football: 10/17 Games

Then there was one...it's crazy to me how three or four games into the Pac-10 season and there is only one team left undefeated in the league. Oregon is 3-0, but the teams they have beaten - Cal, UCLA, Wazzu - are 0-8 in league and 7-9 overall. Duck fans, perhaps it's a tad early to get too excited - although the +99 scoring differential in the three games looks good on paper.

Time - Game - Channel

12:30 - #7 USC @ #25 Notre Dame - NBC
12:30 - Cal @ UCLA - ABC
3 - #37 Stanford @ #34 Arizona - No TV
7:15 - Washington @ Arizona State - Fox Sports NW
 
Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State are all off this week.
 
#5 Boise State topped Tulsa on Wednesday, but barely held them off. So is that their last halfway decent test? Will they stay top 5? I read some stuff about them possibly falling in the rankings, but I don't think they will fall too far as long as they keep winning.
 
I'll Be Watching: I always like to see Notre Dame lose, so I'll probably watch SC, but switch back and forth with the Cal-UCLA game. I'll probably have the Washington-ASU game on as well. It's lame to me that the one game of the day I find most intriguing - Stanford/Zona - isn't on TV. FSNW is showing Kansas @ Colorado at 4 - which, of course, has obvious NW ties - instead. Lame.
 
Predictions: SC is rolling again; if they lose again, it won't be to Notre Dame...Will Cal show up? They are taking the bus for the six-hour ride to L.A. - will that affect them? Are they the team that was ranked in the top ten or the one who got smoked by Oregon and SC? I don't think UCLA is any good at all, so I guess I'll go with Cal...I think Stanford-Arizona is a very even matchup, much like last week's Zona-UW game. What tipped my pick for that game last week was the game being played in Seattle, so since this one is in Tucson I'll take Zona...I really like what Steve Sarkisian has done with the Huskies this year, but is it enough to win on the road against Dennis Erickson's Sun Devils? This year's Devils have all the typical Erickson-team penalties, but so far haven't shown the talent to overcome (or play with disregard for) them like his Miami and Oregon State teams. Tough call - but it's in Tempe, so I guess the Sun Devils.

No comments:

Post a Comment